Kempegowda Bangalore International Airport Terminal 1
Kempegowda Bangalore International Airport opened in 2008 in order to handle the increasing number of passengers that HAL Bangalore Airport, the primary airport serving the city of Bangalore, wasn’t able to hold; being by this way the third busiest airport by passenger traffic in India. It is also considered as one of the best airports in the country.
In 2015 was recognized as the “Best Regional Airport in Central Asia” by Skytrax. Other awards received as well are “the Best Emerging”, “the Best Managed” Airport and the LEED Gold award on environmental issues.
It is the main hub of Blue Dart Aviation, Kingfisher Airlines and Deccan Aviation.
For Hajj pilgrimage, there is an exclusive terminal for the pilgrims who wish to get to Jeddah. It can handle over 600 passengers at a time. It also includes prayer rooms within its facilities.
Terminal 1 hosts both domestic and international flights and is able to handle over 20 million passengers annually. Major works are being done to upgrade the existing terminal and runway in order to double the number of passenger hosted per year.
Terminal 2 is on the way. Construction works have begun in January 2017 and is expected to be totally completed in 2019. Once the Terminal 2 will be opened, it is estimated to handle from 20 to 35 million passengers.
Terminal 1 is divided into 4 different levels and handles domestic and international services:
- Ground level: The arrivals level is hosted here. The facilities are distributed as it follows: Domestic and International check-in hall to the left, Domestic and International arrivals to the right.
Domestic services are hosted in the red channel and International services in the green:
- Services in the green channel: International Arrivals, Duty-free shops and a café.
- Services in the red channel: Domestic Arrivals, food & drink and shops.
Other services and amenities: Check-in and baggage reclaim, Information counter, security check, food & drink, currency exchange.
- First level: Hosts the Departures Hall. To the left there is the Domestic Departures and to the right the International Departures. It also hosts Domestic departure lounges, International departure lounges, Plaza Premium Lounges (both International and Domestic), and VIP lounges.
Domestic Departures gates 1 – 7, swing gates 8 – 11, International Departures gates 12 – 17, 19 and 20.
Other services and amenities: emigration checks (7), custom and international security check, duty-free shops and several stores, food & drink, and The New Day Hotel.
AirlinesThe following airlines operate in the Terminal 1:
- Air Arabia
- Air France
- Air India
- Air Mauritius
- AirAsia India
- Alliance Air
- British Airways
- Cathay Dragon
- Eithad Airways
- Jet Airways
- Kuwait Airways
- Malaysia Airlines
- Oman Air
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines
- Thai AirAsia
- Thai Airways International
ServicesKempegowda Bangalore International Airport Terminal 1 offers to passengers the services presented below:
- Information Counter
- VIP lounges
- Plaza Premium Lounge
- Domestic and International lounges
- Self-service check-in kiosks
- Automated e-Gates
- Currency exchange
- Security check
- Child care room
- Lost & found
- Interactive Voice Response System
- Disabled services
- Luggage carts
- Rest rooms
- Free Wi-Fi connection
- Prayer rooms
- The New Day Hotel